The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, management or business administration or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of SAP Portal development experience (NW Developer Studio, PDK, WebDynpro for Java or BSP).
- Experience with SAP portal architecture, particularly with federated portals.
- Experience with SAP portal display editing (themes, frameworks and desktops).
- Experience implementing portal business packages (e.g., ESS, MSS or Procurement/SRM ).
- Experience with SAP e-Sourcing/CLM or SAP SRM preferred.
- Prior experience as an SAP consultant preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong customer focus.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, embrace change and work within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to communicate with non-technical clients, IT professionals, and management.
- The ability to deal with a large number of different business users and to effectively juggle multiple high-priority projects.
- Development experience with SAP BI or ABAP.
The RoleReporting to the SAP Data and Analytics Group Manager, you will take the lead on various SAP portal projects and oversee the entire process -- from gathering business user requirements and recommending best practices, to developing proof of concepts and overseeing implementations that are in line with FMC's project objectives. You'll create technical specs, design, develop, test and document required functionalities. You'll also work to ensure that you deliver successful results that are in-line with key business users' expectations.
One of the first projects you'll jump into is a company-wide SAP procurement portal project. It will encompass supplier relationship management, contract lifecycle management, e-sourcing, supplier access and other vital procurement modules. This should encompass about 75% of your work in 2011-2012.
Contributing to the overall success of the SAP Data and Analytics team, you will focus your efforts on a combination of activities including structured work on large programs and projects, while also working to support IT colleagues who may be managing smaller projects. Ultimately, you'll be accountable for delivering the project scope against specified objectives, company standards, agreed timelines and allocated budgets.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Collecting business requirements from end users and identifying solutions that meet these needs.
- Developing technical specifications that support end user business requirements.
- Working with IT and end-users to develop prototypes in a test environment to simulate the new design to produce a client-specified functional system.
- Developing unit test scenarios and implementation of test plans documenting test results.
- Ensuring that successfully tested changes are transferred to the production environment following the appropriate transfer process.
- Ensuring upgrades are successful by developing robust test plans and involving appropriate business and IT resources.
Why FMCCareer development -- the global nature of your role and exposure to our various business lines will present many opportunities to learn other areas of the business and develop professionally. We encourage all of our employees to expand their skills and knowledge and as IT Portal Developer, you will step into a role positioned for organic growth.
Strategic, visible impact -- our senior leadership recently unveiled Vision 2015, a major initiative not only to grow FMC (to almost double its current revenues), but also to grow it right. The IT team is playing a direct role in making Vision 2015 a reality. That growth will create career opportunities for proven players.
Great environment -- we promote a strong team-oriented culture and take pride in the fact that a high percentage of our staff have been here at least 15 years. It's a culture where people are invested in, work hard, and know one another both as friends and co-workers.
Convenient location -- our headquarters are located in BNY Mellon Center, which is just above Penn Center Suburban Station, ideal for those commuting from outside the city. Another convenience between the station and our offices is the underground Penn Center shopping concourse.
Stability behind the growth -- FMC has been in business 127 years; our company is diversified across agricultural, industrial, and specialty chemicals; we're active in markets across the globe; and we are financially strong.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary we offer comprehensive benefits that include all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, such as retirement savings and 401(k) plans, flexible spending accounts and more. Benefits go into effect on day one of employment.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will have the natural ability to achieve goals independently and to keep projects moving forward. In addition, you will also be team-focused and have the interpersonal skills required to communicate and work with a variety of colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders. You will also to be comfortable working closely with higher-level management as well as the ability to display an equally high level of composure in conflict management.
Excellent consultative skills are no doubt a part of your genetic makeup as a successful SAP IT Portal Developer, and priority setting and timely decision making, planning and delegation skills will also be essential for your success. We're new to implementing SAP portals and will be looking to you to advise us on the best ways to progress. The position requires organizational agility, a relatable personality and a readiness to build effective project teams.
About FMCFMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is an S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. Employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career.
FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace.